What is expected of participants at the World Santa Claus Congress?
At the World Santa Claus Congress, participating Santas and Christmas pixies and elves (of whatever persuasion) will be the focus of the Congress. Thousands of people come to see Santas from all over the world celebrate ‘Christmas in July’ at Bakken.
It is important that all participating Santas and Christmas pixies and elves help to spread Christmas cheer among visitors at Bakken – especially among the children. We therefore expect participants to mingle with Bakken’s visitors, say hello to the children, make themselves available for photographs, participate in parades and generally participate in the programme set up by the organisers.
The following will be expected of all participating Santas and Christmas pixies and elves:
- That they perform in full costume (in accordance with the traditions in their home country) in the period when set programme activities take place.
- That they participate actively in parades and other set programme activities.
- That they do not advertise products and do not sell products during the period in which they are dressed as Santa Claus during the Congress.
- That they arrive on time at the designated place for the various Christmas activities.
- That they only take a few and short breaks (the programme is organised so that there will be natural breaks during the day’s activities).
- That they conduct themselves appropriately, in a friendly and amenable manner with both the public and Santa colleagues.
- That they do not drink alcohol or smoke while they are dressed as Santa Claus.
The Programme for the World Santa Claus Congress will be available at the end of March 2013. It will be posted on this site and available to all registered participants who have been given a login.